Friday, June 24, 2011

Brick Stitch Afghan Pattern



Brick Stitch Afghan

Hook Size: H                                                  Size: 3'x3'
Materials: 30 oz WW Yarn                           Stitches: SC – Single Crochet
                                                                                      DC – Double Crochet
                                                                                      Ch – Chain


Chain 140
Row 1: 3 DC in the 3rd chain from the hook (pic 1), *Skip 3 Ch, SC in the next Ch (pic 2), Ch 3 (pic 3), 3 DC in the same Ch (pic 4).* Repeat *to* across row, and end with SC in end stitch.
pic 1

pic 2 

pic 3


pic 4
Row 2: Chain 3 and turn (pic 5), 3 DC in SC (pic 6), *SC around Ch 3 (pic 7), Ch 3 (pic 8), 3 DC in same space (pic 9) * Repeat from *to* across row ending with SC in final Ch 3 space. (pic 10).



pic 5

pic 6

pic 7

pic 8

pic 9

pic 10

2 rows complete


Rows 3-80: Repeat row 2
Fasten off and weave in ends. 
Black & Grey Brick Stitch Afghan

Note: To make this pattern in different sizes, chain in multiples of 4.

Mint & White Brick Stitch Afghan

Red & White Brick Stitch Afghan


6 comments:

  1. Can you show this stich on a VIDEO? I learn better watching it a few times..
    Thx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really like this pattern and you make it so easy to understand the detail of crocheting, the steps and showing it as well I greatly appreciate. Again thanks so much for sharing and trust me...I will be back and often at that. I want to make several items before my husband comes home by next Christmas and your help will make that a reality. Oh and I LOVE your web page...so real and homey feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. This is one of my favorite patterns and is so fast to make. I would love to see completed projects. Email me pictures to craftingfriends4you@yahoo.com or post them on my crafting friends facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you may be a great author.
    I will remember to bookmark your blog and will come back sometime soon.
    I want to encourage continue your great posts, have a nice weekend!
    Also visit my web blog Sandpoint waterfront for sale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there a multiple to make it larger? I really like it and your work is superb!!! Great color combinations, too. I just like to make everything really big to snuggle into. Thanks.
    pinkcaddy7@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. DUH. I just saw your direction for increasing the size . . . LOL. If I would just take the time to read everything ! ! ! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is awaiting moderation